Junior Team Tennis
About Junior Team Tennis
“USTA Junior Team Tennis brings kids together in teams to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles against other teams. It promotes social skills and important values by fostering a spirit of cooperation and unity, as well as individual self-growth. Also, it’s a fun environment for kids in which they learn that succeeding is really more about how they play the game – win or lose!” – Junior Team Tennis USTA Website
How does it work? (General)
- USTA Jr. Team Tennis is designed for kids ages 8-18.
- Upon registration players are immediately placed on teams.
- Teams are preferably co-ed but can also be single gender (boys only or girls only).
Do I need to be a member of the USTA?
Yes, all players must have a current USTA membership. To sign up, go to membership.usta.com.
How much does JTT cost?
The cost to join the team is $310. This includes the 1.5 hour practices on Saturdays and matches on Sundays. Also included is a team shirt and hat.
- 10’s Novice – Plays on 60 inch court with orange balls (singles and doubles)
- 12’s Intermediate – 4 Singles, 2 Doubles Team
- 14’s Intermediate – 4 Singles, 2 doubles teams
- 10 & under must NOT turn 11 before end of calendar year
- 14 & under must NOT turn 15 before end of calendar year
Team Practice Times
- 10’s Team — 1:00 – 2:30pm
- 14’s Team — 1:00 – 2:30pm
All matches are played on Sunday at the designated times (all locations)
- 10’s Int noon – 2:00pm
- 14’s Int 4:00 – 6:00pm